Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Coconut chia seed puddings

Trying to keep up with the young folk i make my puddings in old jars! You can see here I have made rhubarb compote and sprinkled coconut on top.

I’m sure you have noticed that I’m not posting as often as I used to. I’m still getting used to the extra washing and cleaning that another little bub can add to the household. So I plan to post when I have something really good to share. I’ve been really excited about sharing this Chia seed pudding with you all. It’s delicious, our WHOLE family loves it and if that isn’t enough, it’s healthy and it doesn’t need to be cooked. TOO EASY.
I make up a little ½ cup size pudding for my girls for after their dinner, but this would also be a great breakfast option as well. If I have the time I will try to make up some berry or rhubarb compote to go on top.
I found this recipe on the Loving Earth website. There are some great recipes like this on there.
So here we go…
Serves
4 (two adults and two kids)

Ingredients
1 can of coconut milk or cream
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp Vanilla essence

Method
In a bowl, add all of the ingredients. Mix well. Divide the mixture into your preferred serving sizes. Place in the fridge then leave to soak overnight or for at least 2 hours. Serve with compote or even just a sprinkle of cinnamon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete