Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sweet potato fries

 
I’m not sure if I have mentioned it before but my kids are a little strange when it comes to food. What confirms this is the fact that my girls don’t like potato. I’ve tried everything – boiled, fried, mashed etc, they just don’t eat it. Me on the other hand would consider it to be one of my fave vegetables and I will happily eat it in all of the options above.
 
So trying to be a little bit different, I made up some sweet potato fries. Were they a hit? Not really. A few were consumed so I can’t complain too much. They loved dipping them into the dip (which they love). I will try these again, mainly because what they don’t eat, I will!
 
 
Prep time
5 minutes
 

Cooking time
10 minutes



Serves
4
 
Ingredients

1 sweet potato, skin on
1+1/2 cups vegetable oil
beetroot dip, optional

Method


1. Leaving the skin on, finely slice potatoes into slim-sized chips.
2. In a deep pan, bring vegetable oil to the boil and fry the sweet potato in small batches until golden, removing from the oil with a slotted spoon.
3. Place each batch onto some paper towel and dab any extra oil away. Serve with beetroot dip 

You will find this recipe and many more on the Woolworths Baby and toddler club which you will find here
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum - great idea we love sweet potato. Leaving the skin on to keep them firmer is a great idea - thanks!

    ReplyDelete