Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Festive chocolate crackles


Are you as excited about Christmas time as I am? Hubbie thinks I get a little crazy come the end of November onwards. I start playing carols, the tree goes up, I watch the food channel searching for some new Christmas recipes and I lock us into any social event that comes our way. I have to admit that I wasn’t always like this but now that I have little ones, it’s made me feel like a kid all over again. I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR.

I had a group of both oldies and little ones over the other day and I wanted to handout a little something that had a festive feel to it. So I looked around for a healthier version of the old fave the chocolate crackle and came up with this following recipe. I don’t really need to tell you that they went down a treat!

Preparation time
10 minutes
 
Ingredients
  • 3 cups wholegrain puffed rice *
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar
  • 5 tbs good-quality cocoa powder
  • 150g coconut oil * 
  • 150g white cooking chocolate
  • bag of Jaffas
Method
  1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the top and mix well. Spoon the mixture into paper liners or a muffin tray and refrigerate until set.

  2. Once set, melt the white chocolate in a microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir with a metal spoon. Once the chocolate is runny, spoon one tablespoon onto the top of each crackle and place your choice of lolly top. 

    Makes approx 20 crackles
*These ingredients are located in the Health Food aisle at your local supermarket.

You will find this recipe and many more from Toddler Tastes here on the Woolworths baby and toddler club.


No comments:

Post a Comment