Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One of our staples - Peanut butter stir-fry

I have to apologise for the dodgy iphone photo.
This meal was consumed in minutes so i didn't have time to grab my proper camera.

I’ve mentioned in a previous post that I’m trying to be a little more laid back when it comes to trying new meals. I’m now limiting new meals to 2 or 3 times a week. The stress of all the efforts and no one eating just became too much for the girls and me. 

I wanted to share one of our regular meals with you. It’s super easy and it’s now a big hit with all of us. This stir-fry dish is super quick to make, especially if you use fresh noodles that only need to be rinsed before adding to the stir-fry. 

I sell it as the peanut butter dish. You can decide what meat you would like to use, I just use what I have in the fridge or freeze. Some ideas could be pork or chicken mince, chicken breast, sausage or even tofu. 

So here’s a very basic ingredients list for you. You can pick and choose whatever ingredient makes your little one happy. All you have to remember when doing your weekly shop is the coconut cream and noodles; you would normally have everything else in your cupboard and freezer.

Ingredients
Meat of your choice,
I small tin of coconut milk
Peanut butter (put as much or as little in as you please)
1 tsp of sugar (a little sweetness goes a long way with this dish)
Any vegetable that you can find.
Fresh noodles

Method
    1. I normally start buy stir-frying ½ an onion until it becomes soft. I then add the meat of choice.
2.
Once the meat is cooked through I pour in the chosen vegetables and then and the coconut milk, sugar and peanut butter.
    3. Once everything is hot, you are done. 
   
For other great ideas head over to our facebook page

 

4 comments:

  1. oh this looks good. I'll have to try it on my 3 year old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. If your three year old likes peanut butter then i think this might be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this recipe - I made it tonight and thought it was delicious. Unfortunately Miss 17 months wasn't so sure, but it was her first time trying a dish with coconut milk, so I'll try the leftovers again for lunch tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete