Monday, June 11, 2012
Time to party with Oreo pops
We had Miss F’s 3rd birthday party yesterday, our first attempt last week was cancelled due to both girls having gastro. Luckily most people could still join us for our second attempt and a great time was had by all. I asked everyone on our facebook page what party foods were a hit in their homes and I was overwhelmed with a great response. There were some brilliant ideas, some that I have never heard of or seen. Here’s one I went with and I have to say that it was more popular than the birthday cake (sob). So here I introduce you to Oreo pops, these are much easier to make than cake pops but still have the novelty of being on a stick (all the rage at the moment!). Here’s how you make them.
One package of Double Stuff Oreos
1 packet of white chocolate melts
24 Lollipop sticks
1 pack of hundreds and thousands (or anything similar)
1. Carefully twist apart all of the Oreo cookies.
2. Using one of the pop sticks, make an indentation in the white filling of each cookie.
3. Melt the Candy Melts in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted and smooth (do not overcook the chocolate).
4. Dip the end of one stick into the melted white chocolate, drizzle a little in the center of the white cookie filling and then gently press it into the indentation made.
5. Place the top of the cookie back on and allow white chocolate to harden (5 minutes or so), cementing the cookie back together with a stick inside.
6. Pour hundred and thousands onto a plate
7. Dip each pop into the hot white chocolate and cover the entire biscuit, let the additional chocolate pour off. Then carefully dip the biscuit onto the place of sprinkles, coating each side. Place the pop down onto a sheet of baking paper. Allow to cool and set.
I've adapted this recipe from Easy baked