Sometimes the simple dishes are the best. I’ve made a quiche a few months and had such high hopes, but these were dashed before the plate was even put onto the table. But I’ve seen these and I thought I’d be brave and give it another go. This recipe is a million times easier as you don’t need to worry about pastry. All you need is a piece of bread instead. Crazy, hey?!
I needn’t have tried again as these weren’t a massive hit with my girls. Quiche and my girls just don’t mix. Don’t let this turn you off making these, as my girls are very fussy. I liked these and will attempt them again in a few months time. My girls can be so surprising sometimes. Whilst making homemade pizza last night Miss F was eating the salami, parma ham, tomatoes and olives like there was no tomorrow. I was so impressed.
What does your little one like that really surprises you? We have some great stories on our facebook page.
Little quiche cups
6 slices toasted brown bread, crusts removed
olive oil spray
2 Select eggs
1/2 cup Woolworths milk
50g sliced ham, finely chopped
2 tbs capsicum, finely diced
1/2 cup mozarella or cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 6-hole muffin pan.
2. Use a rolling pin to flatten out each slice of bread until thin.
3. Spray both sides of the bread and the muffin tin with the oil. Place bread into muffin holders. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 170°C.
5. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
6. Divide the ham,capsicum and cheese among the bread cases. Pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until set. Serves 6