Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Up and downs with a little custard thrown in


I’ve just been through a day of massive ups and downs. My days started off with me taking the girls to one of their favourite pass times, which is playgroup. Sadly this was cut short due to the horrendous behaviour shown from my almost three year old. Oh lordy, where does this behaviour come from? I heard that toddlers can change over night but I never believed it, and never did I believe that it would happen to my little “angel”.  So after making the threat to go home a few times I had to see it though. This happened the minute I took my first sip of tea, of course it did. 

After this all happened, I brought the girls home for a sleep as I was blaming tiredness for such horrendous behaviour. I planned to turn the day around by playing the perfect housewife and cooked up a 3hr stew and the vegetable loaf, which proves to be a real fave in this house. I felt like I was back in control.

I then received the news that the Woolies website had been launched at lunchtime. This was truly exciting as I was asked to be a contributor a few months back but I haven’t been able to tell anyone. This is great news as it now allows/forces me to make a lot more recipes. I can’t wait. So my day was back on schedule that is until dinner. 

Remember that 3hr stew I slaved over? We’ll neither of the girls tried it. I then pulled out the trick of “ you’re not getting anything else till you eat some” to “ you’re not leaving the table until you’ve tried some” to begging shamelessly “ please, please try it” to finally “here have some vegetable loaf, at least it has three serves of vegetables in it”. 

Why on earth I am a contributor for Woolies I will never know. We’ll actually they were looking for a “normal” mum that likes to try out new recipes, and I do fit that bill, even if the little ones don’t like to eat it. So if you have any recipes that you would love to share, please send them here

Have a look at the new Woolies website that has been put together. There are loads of recipes, health advice, and giveaways on there for all ages.

Now here’s a recipe that I cooked the other night when I was loving my girls and my girls were loving me and my cooking!!! I wanted to make something that was quick and easy for an after dinner treat on the weekend. This was so good, it’s worth a try.

CUSTARD

SERVES
4

INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
3 tbs cornflour
3 cups milk
2tbs caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla

METHOD
1. Whisk eggs, cornflour and milk in saucepan until mixed together and smooth
2. Continue whisking until the custard starts to become think.
3. Remove from the stove and add in the sugar and vanilla. Serve hot or cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment