Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The quickest and easiest biscuits that you might ever make



I just whipped up what could possibly be the worlds easiest biscuits - Donna Hay’s coconut macaroons. These were a massive hit at playgroup. Here’s the recipe...

COCONUT MACAROONS

INGREDIENTS
2 cups coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 egg whites

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 180. 
2. Place coconut, caster sugar and egg whites into a bowl and combine. 
3. Roll 2 tsps of the mixture into balls and place onto a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. Cook for 10 mins or so or until golden. 

Donna says that this should make 28.  Mine made 15, but I like mine to be more of a biscuit size.

4 comments:

  1. This really does sound easy to make. Even for a man(like myself).:) Mmm that cookie jar looks yuuu-mmy (its content,actually) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a go. It doesn't get much easier than this. People have been dipping these into chocolate or placing a a dollop of jam in the middle, the sky is the limit! I think i'm going to try the jam idea this afternoon. Thanks for al of your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...these are scrummy! I just made them in minutes flat and they are gorgeous. I reduced the sugar slightly because I dipped them in chocolate. WOW. Might have to double the batch next time because they didn't last long ;) Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine were very crumbly! I had trouble keeping the mixture together to even form the balls!

    ReplyDelete