Sunday, October 30, 2011

You'll never buy tzatziki again?


Let me apologise for neglecting this site slightly. All was going well until my dear husband put the thought of going back to work into my head. We were sitting in a nice cafĂ© enjoying our coffees when Hubby asked if I was keen to head back. I honestly hadn’t thought about it as I’m not on maternity leave so the thought of work was pushed to the back of my mind and was being ignored. But the minute it was mentioned I started to get very excited. Not really about the work side of things but more the idea of having to get dressed up, having a coffee when ever I wanted it, going to the toilet without an audience, having a lunch break and finally being creative again. I don’t plan to go back full time, hopefully just a couple of days a week. We shall see. So the past week has been all about updating my CV and portfolio. Who knows what will happen, I’m slightly nervous but in a good way. 

Now here’s a surprise recipe. The other night we went to wonderful dinner at a friends house and they had made this amazing tzatziki dip and after being told how easy it was to make I thought I would I would give it a go and would see what Miss F thought of it. 

To my surprise Miss F loved it, she even nibbled on some cucumber whilst I was making it. CRAZY.This dip is oh so good; it does make you wonder why you would every buy tzatziki again. So for a quick, healthy and easy snack, this is the way to go. I served it with toasted pita bread.

PREP TIME
10 minutes

COOKING TIME
2 minutes

INGREDIENTS (serves 12)
2 (about 600g) telegraph cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthways, seeds removed
1/2 tsp salt
520g (2 cups) Greek-style natural yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper

METHOD
1. Use the coarse side of a grater to grate the cucumber. Place in a small bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
2. Place the yoghurt, garlic, oil and cumin in a medium bowl, and stir to combine.
3. Transfer the cucumber to a sieve and use your hands to squeeze out any excess moisture. Stir the cucumber pulp through the yoghurt mixture. Taste and season with pepper. Cover and place in the fridge until required.

NOTES
You can make this recipe up to 3 days ahead. Place the tzatziki and beans in separate airtight containers and store in the fridge.

Recipe sourced Good Taste - December 2001, Page 29
Recipe by Michelle Noerianto

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious; I haven't found a ready-made tzatziki that I'm keen on, so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really tasty. I would like to try the reipe at home. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I'd love to get my hands on this delight. Looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make mine all the time now, it's SO much better. This recipe is a little different to mine, so I'l give this one a go next time.

    ReplyDelete