Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mixed vegetable frittata


I’m off and running away. That’s right, remember that sugar free diet train that I jumped on three weeks ago? We’ll I’ve jumped back off. I loved it whilst I was on there, it was a smooth ride and i saw lots of benifits. BUT we all have colds again and I was craving fruit. I haven’t craved cakes or chocolate just fruit. This cold made me realise that I could not go through summer without feasting on Mangos,watermelon etc, that’s like saying that we won’t have a Christmas tree this Christmas. So hello sugar I am back. I’ve been very good since coming off and have only had dessert one night and that was on a weekend. To me, weekends are here to be celebrated; it’s no easy achievement making it solo through the week. So hello sugar I am back. 

Now enough about me. Here’s a little recipe that I made for the girls (that’s right, they are both starting to eat the same meals as each other). I thought I would give this try as Little SS is getting to the stage where she loves to feed herself. I wasn’t sure how Miss F would go with this so I made a big song and dance about sitting at the ‘big’ table and us all sharing the same meal. This meal went down a treat with both girls. Little SS actually got the odd piece into her mouth and Miss F actually ate more than once slice as a whole (normally everything is dissected to find the bits that he likes - cheese). I had a slice as well, so I was feeling very proud of myself. One cooked meal for the three of us. Too easy (these are two words that don’t often escape my mouth). 

If you have a recipe to share, just send it here. Or if you would like to join our facebook page, just click here


Mixed vegetable frittata

MAKES
4 slices 

INGREDIENTS
2 tsp Rice Bran oil
150g cooked potato, diced into small pieces
5 tbsp frozen mixed vegetables
3 eggs beaten
1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tbs grated tasty cheese
1 tbsp full fat milk
15g unsalted butter.

METHOD
1. Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the potato and fry for 4-5 mins or until golden. Add the frozen vegetables and cook for 2-3 mins or until softened. 

2. Beat the eggs and cheeses together with milk. Add the butter to the pan. When melted pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 3-4 mins or until the omelette is set and the underside is golden.

3. Preheat the grill to high and cook the top of the omelette for 2-3 mins until it is golden and the egg mixture is set all the way through. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

This recipe has been modified from the Gina Ford weaning book. 

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delicious and I suppose that it is quite healthy, will try it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was much nicer than I was expecting. And I can't tell you how nice it was to cook one meal for all of us. It was so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe. Very nutritious and tasty. Recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my apple ipad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so
    she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.

    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!
    My site :: clean my pc

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's actually very complicated in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, thus I just use the web for that reason, and get the most up-to-date news.
    Feel free to surf my site - how to make iphone apps

    ReplyDelete