Monday, September 26, 2011

Quinoa burgers and my crazy decision to ditch sugar

Picture supplied from retro mummy

I made a big decision and have decided to cut sugar out of my life. It’s a MASSIVE thing to decide especially for someone that lives for cake. For a few months now I have been worried about my sugar cravings. I get really uncomfortable after each meal and all I can concentrate on is getting some sugar into my gob. I can’t really focus on anything else until I get the sugar hit. 
I should be really overweight but luckily I’m in the healthy weight range. I’d be happy to lose my muffin tops (yummo) and flabby tummy but I think I need to put my sneakers on and hit the pavements to make them disappear. I’m not doing this for weight loss, it’s all about kicking these cravings, feeling healthier, looking healthier and instead of feeling guilty all the time I can start to feel proud of myself. 

It’s only day one, so all is ok at the moment. I’m craving something now (after dinner) so I’m going to keep busy writing this blog (this may be my longest post yet!). I’m following the Sweet poison diet. One great thing that I have learnt is how much sugar is in the everyday foods that we eat.  Some are obvious like juice and coke but then there are things like sauces and balsamic vinegar that are loaded with sugar. My next sentence was about to mention the fact that I don’t want to be one of these people that only talks about the diet that they are currently on and what’s good and what’s bad, but look I’m already turning into that person! Help. I guess it’s only day one; I’m excited and feel that I’m allowed. I promise not to go on and on about it, I will however pass on any interesting facts when it comes to sugar and the little ones. 

So tonight I made a recipe that I’ve been wanting to try for a while, I found this on a blog (retomummy) that I read on a regular basis. These quinoa burgers were divine, I highly recommend them. Miss F didn’t get to try any, as she had to go to bed before I made them. I’ve saved a lot of the batter for tomorrow and will cook some more up for lunch. I think she’ll like them, fingers crossed. I think I might add a little cheese on top as that always helps. I will let you know whether they were a hit or a miss. 

To try these burgers, you will find the recipe here

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the no sugar thing. Not sure I could do it!

    The "buggers" look yummy (check out your wicked typo in your last para - at least I presume it was a typo, makes you sound v English if not!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete