Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oatmeal fruit & nut cookies


Picture taken from Everybody like sandwiches


Here are some cookies that I baked for our playgroup yesterday. They are from a blog that I’m in love with. I love the styling, photography and most importantly the food. I saw these biscuits and instantly knew that I had to make them. Feeding the playgroup Mum’s seemed like the perfect opportunity. 

I learnt something whilst making these; cranberries have a lot of sugar, even more than sultana’s. Having them in biscuits such as these is all good and doesn’t worry me. But whilst I was cooking Miss F was eating these by the handful as I thought they would be fine. But 30mins later I had an absolute nightmare on my hands. Miss F changes to a completely different person if she eats too much sugar; she’s a real little terror. So lesson learned there! 

Everyone loved these biscuits and I was asked to share the recipe around, so that’s why I thought I would share the love with everybody likes sandwiches. You will find the recipe here. Enjoy.



7 comments:

  1. These look and sound so good, I bet the Moms loved every bite! I'm off to see the recipe..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!
    I am going to try these!

    Tasha
    www.sandinmyeyesnc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks healthy and delicious!I am going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so tasty, I hope you do try them. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you reckon i can use golden syrup instead of maple?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy tremendously healthy, yet super tasty snacks! I bet these are delicious!

    ReplyDelete