I did it; I did it (sing like Dora). I made a dish that Miss F asked for not one, not two but three bowls full. She ate the lot. This is unheard of. I made this one up as I was hoping to cook a dish that both Little S and Miss F could both eat. I combined a few of Miss F’s fave ingredients, Pasta and cheese. I kind of made my own version of cauliflower cheese. All the recipes that I found online took too long and included baking. I was on a time frame of 20mins. So I made up my own method. I didn’t write any of this down at the time as I wasn’t planning on putting this on the blog but when I saw what a hit it was I had to share. I apologise for the lack of measurements but you can make this up to suit your needs. So here we go…
Pasta (I used tiny cous cous sized pasta for Little S)
½ head cauliflower
Flour (just enough to soak up all of the butter)
Milk (just enough to make a thick sauce).
Tasty cheese to sprinkle
1. Steam both the broccoli and cauliflower until soft.
2. Cook pasta to your liking
3. Melt butter until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles. Remove pan from heat. Slowly add milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming.
4. Return pan to medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat.
5. Once the broccoli and cauliflower are steamed cut them up into tiny pieces.
6. Combine vegetables, pasta and white sauce together and sprinkle with tasty cheese.
Suitable to freeze