Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weet-bix slice anyone?



I think I’m one of the few people that doesn’t like weet-bix. I think I ate too many of them when I was younger. Miss F loves them so I’m going to make the most of this opportunity whilst it lasts.  I was chatting to a friend the other day about how popular the weet-bix muffins are and I was then informed that there’s an equally good slice that needed to be added to this blog. So here it is, it seems that it’s all over the web, how have I not heard of this before now I ask you? 

Miss F loved this. I just made lemon icing to go with this but you can go crazy and make chocolate icing with hundreds and thousands. I personally didn’t like this slice but that’s because I could really taste the weet-bix and this brought back too many memories sitting at the breakfast table trying to eat my soggy weet-bix. I have real issues with soggy cereal but that’s another story. 


SERVES
8

INGREDIENTS
4 weet-bix crushed
70g butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 cup of water

Icing
Icing sugar, lemon and water

METHOD
1. Melt butter and mix into crushed Weet-bix.
2. Add remaining ingredients and press into tin lined with baking paper.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 180ÂșC.
4. Combine icing ingredients, adding only enough water as necessary. The slice may be iced while warm.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea what weet-bix was so I had to look it up on Bing.com ! I am wondering what it might be comparable to here in the States? Anyway, the recipe sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you like it? It looks delicious and yummy. Hope to try to make it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, i'm not sure what would be similar in the US. These are like wheat biscuits. In the UK they are called weet a bix.

    Bllom high chair, the only reason i didn't like it was the fact that i personally don't like weet-bix. I had way too many when i was little!

    ReplyDelete