Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It doesn't get much easier than this...vegemite chips




Here is a recipe that I have just fallen in love with. It doesn’t get any easier than this. Vegemite chips, who would have thought? This great recipe was sent to us from Belinda. I don’t know how I have survived before this recipe. Can you tell that I’m pretty excited about these?

I made these yesterday and they were a massive hit. I had to remind Miss F that we must share, as she wanted all of these to herself. I haven't seen her this excited about food for a while now. We nibbled on these for the whole afternoon, and I was surprised that these didn’t go soggy after a few hours. Turns out that they were just as crispy as when they came out of the oven. So these would make great lunch box fillers or would be great for a party.

Thanks so much Belinda, we will always have some mountain bread in our cupboard now.


Also, don't forget to check out our facebook page for more hints and recipes from other Mums. 

INGREDIENTS
1 packet of mountain bread
Butter
Vegemite
Cheese (I added some grated cheese onto one slice and it was delicious)

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees
2. Spread butter and vegemite over mountain bread.
3. Place on a tray and bake for 15 mins

NOTE
If you want nice neat squares, cut the bread before placing the bread into the oven.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my god, they look great! I'm going to make some of these for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love making pita chips - we just do a sprinkle of herbs and salt over pita bread. I've never though to try vegemite but going to give it a go next time! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel, you will love these. I certainly do.

    Kate, i love the sound of herbs and salt. I will be trying that idea on the weekend.

    Vivi, I hope you enjoyed them. Thanks for giving them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome! Just made them for lunch today and I just about ate them all. I didn't have any Mountain Bread so I tried tortillas and they worked perfectly too. Thanks for the terrific recipes I can't wait to try the Rice Balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you likes them Mama Bear. It's good to know that they work with tortillas as well. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well ya got me with Mountain Bread, I just had to Google it as I had no idea what it is. Vegemite I definitely know. So I'll have to give these a go.  ツ

    ReplyDelete