Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Berry smoothie and D grade celebrities


I have to apologise for the lack of blogs over the last week. My Hubbie brought the man flu into the house, not one of his better gifts that he has given us! This has taken on a domino effect throughout the house. Miss F was hit hard and is only just coming out of it now. Little S is now suffering and I’m just starting to show signs. Not happy Jan. 

So even though I have a massive list of things to cook, it just hasn’t been the right time as my little tester has been off her food. She is just starting to eat toast now, so it won’t be long till we are back to normal. I will however put in this little recipe for a smoothie that we have been having every morning.  I’ve been using rice milk, as Miss F has been way to congested to have any dairy. 

Berry smoothie

MAKES
Enough for Mum and Bub

INGREDIENTS
1 cup frozen berries
1 tb LSA
1tsp honey
11/2 cups of rice milk (or normal milk for a creamy result)
(I normally add ¼ cup of natural yoghurt but not whilst Miss F is sick.)

METHOD
1. Put everything into the blender and press blend. That’s it. Too easy.


Some great news from yesterday is that we had a little article about us in our local paper, the Manly Daily. It was all very exciting and both Miss F and I felt like D grade celebrities for the day. The photo looked a lot better than what I was expecting as the whole shoot was a real debacle. 

1 comment:

  1. How very exciting to be famous, you both are so adorable! Sorry you all have been under the weather, hopefully a full recovery is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete