Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tofu chips and little white lies



Hi, my name is Sascha and I like tofu. I know there are not many of us out there but I will come out and will be proud. I have to say that convincing both Hubbie and Miss F to like it as much as I do is not the easiest task. 

I found these tofu chips on a great blog a few months ago and was really keen to try them.  I’ve only got around to doing so today. My hubbie is now considering himself lucky as he’s at work and misses out on the taste test! 

I had to work out how to get these into Miss F’s mouth. I resorted to lying! White lies are ok aren’t they? It’s like Santa; these lies are for the best and bring joy and health to the little ones. My lie…. Miss F, let’s have some marshmallows for lunch. That’s what these chips look like, coconut marshmallow. I even added the fact that she could have some sauce with them. So I’m proud to say that she put a couple into her mouth. Around 3 were probably eaten. That’s better than none. I ate the rest for lunch. They were great. I tried them with both chilli sauce and soy sauce. I would say that soy is the way to go. 

Give these a go; it takes around 3 mins to prepare and only 30 mins to cook.

As always, please let me know if you try these. 

Also, I just wanted to say thanks for all the recipes that are being sent in. I plan to start cooking them in the next couple of days. 

INGREDIENTS
1 block of extra firm tofu, sliced into “fingers”
panko crumbs (available in supermarkets)
paprika
salt & pepper
oregano
1 egg, beaten
the dipping sauce of your choice

METHOD
1. Heat oven to 200 and spray a baking paper with vegetable oil. On a large plate, dump some panko crumbs and season with paprika, oregano & salt and pepper. Mix well with fork. In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg and dip each piece of tofu into the egg mixture and then the crumb mixture and place on cookie sheet.
2. Bake in the oven until the tofu is golden brown, about 30 minutes or so. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.




4 comments:

  1. Marshmallows - that's classic, Sash :)

    I'm actually considering making these for myself... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed a new Tofu.. I'll try these and report back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to say, I'm with your husband..tofu, not a favorite, but if it were, I would sure give this a try.

    I think telling a little fictional 'food story' might be better on the conscience than calling it a 'lie'. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete