Thursday, April 28, 2011

Janine's rice pudding


Here is another easy recipe sent in from Janine. I've made rice pudding before but it usually contained condensed milk, so it wasn't the healthiest dessert going around. This recipe is beautiful and isn't sickly sweet. I loved it. I added some lemon curd to my portion. Yes, it might seem a little odd but on the weekend, I made some lemon curd and as it has to be eaten within a couple of weeks I have been adding it to everything! After adding a spoonful to this rice pudding I was in heaven for a couple of minutes! Now, this blog isn't about me, it's about our toddlers. Freya loved this. She was a little standoffish at first but after trying a few sultanas she was hooked. Thank you Janine. 

MAKES
2 adult portions or 5 little portions

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup arborio rice
1 vanilla pod
hand full chopped sultanas
cover well with milk
sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon optional

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Divide ingredients into individual ramekins. 
4. Cook for approx 40mins. You might need to add a touch more milk or water to stop it from drying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment