Monday, April 11, 2011

Easy breakfast cookies



Thanks to our dear friend Linda here is a great ‘soft’ alternative to flapjacks. Linda mentions that she sometimes adds pumpkin seeds, sultanas, apricots etc just to mix things up a little. As the title says, these are so easy to make. Both Freya and I were hooked on these before we even placed the mixture into the oven. We do love a bit of raw mixture! So it was no surprise that the finished product was also delicious. 

MAKES
Around 36 

INGREDIENTS
3 Large ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/3 cup of honey OR 1/2 cup sugar (we used honey)
1/3 cup oil OR apple sauce (we used apple sauce)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

METHOD
1. Turn oven on to 180 degrees. 
2. Mix all ingredients together and allow to sit for 15 mins.
3. Spray baking sheet with Crisco and drop by tsp onto tray and flatten
4. Cook for 20 mins or until brown.

I caught Freya climbing up up the drawers to sneak a few away whilst they were cooling down! 


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy I stumbled upon this blog. I just made these cookies and they are delicious, so thanks for sharing. I used honey and applesauce too. I thought I might add, I mixed a dollop of Nutella in with half of the batch and that turned out really good too. Thanks so much! I will be checking back here for more ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I love the nutella idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to try this recipe! I have a texture picky eater! He likes veggies and fruits, but I can't get him to eat them unless they are mashed, pureed, or in a cracker/cookie. These sound delicious!

    Question, can I mill the oats with the same result?

    ReplyDelete