Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weetbix and banana muffins



I wanted to take some muffins over to a friends place today so went searching for a recipe. These weetbix and banana muffins looked ideal and they sounded a lot healthier than your average muffins. Now, I have to say, these are very tasty indeed! I would confidently serve these to adults and know that they would be a hit. I love it when you cook something that both kids and adults love. It goes without saying that because these are a cake, and Freya loves cakes, she absolutely loved them. She helped me cook this batch and as you can see the raw mixture was tasty too! 



MAKES
12

INGREDIENTS
3 ripe bananas
4 Weet-Bix
185ml (3/4 cup) milk 
2 eggs
80g (4 tbs) margarine
225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
2 tbs brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips (I only used 1/2 cup and that was plenty)

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan. Mash bananas in a bowl, then crumble in Weet-Bix and stir in the milk.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs and margarine, then add to the banana mixture. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl and add wet ingredients and choc chips.
4. Stir until just combined, then spoon into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

This recipe was sourced from www.taste.com.au



1 comment:

  1. We made these and agree they're totally yummy, thank you.

    We followed your recipe but made a few additions (I couldn't help myself ;p) 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and used Wholemeal SR Flour and honey instead.

    Now I'm trying to ignore them as I finish my cuppa tea....

    Sam and Willow

    ReplyDelete